:: SIMPLE ::

Another amateur blog..

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Frustration in the air

Haha.. I just saw some of what of the Viro exam-takers have to say in the bulletin board. Yeay! I'm not alone.. There are in fact many who think the same way as I do. Here I quote some of what they have said:
..
"That would have to be the worst uni exam I have ever sat. Exams are supposed to test what you know...not what you dont know. Too many questions tested memorisation of specific examples and off-shoot sentences in the lectures. There was minimal testing of understanding or concepts."
..
"I have to agree that was a very poor exam. Some of the questions I dont even remember having read anything about. And some were a little stupid, like the first MC question. "myristoylated" doesnt even appear in the lecture notes (i just found it mentioned once in the revision stuff – which was more in depth than the actual lectures)...and then distinguishing "nucleocapsid protein and capsid protein" ???" - At least somebody's pointed out the 1st MCQ which I also thought was nonsense. Haha! Good on ya mate whoever you are ;D
.
"I must agree, that was a VERY VERY poorly written exam. I was not able to show the amount of knowledge I had gained in this course...information that acually matters. I found all the questions were far far too 'specific' and I felt I was asked to memorise 'little facts' about certain topics, sometimes not even covered in lecutres. we were no tested with things that acually mattered."
.
"Yes... I thought so too ... usually I expect end semester exams to test mainly key concepts, and little tidbits as an aside ... this exam was mainly tidbits, and key concepts as an aside"
.
"Overall I felt the exam did not really assess my knowledge of the course, rather for many questions, the ability to memorise random facts. "
.
And for the record... Here's mine! haha!:
.
"Couldn't agree more.. Some of the questions were not even in the lectures.."
.
Haha.. I was so lazy to write more but I figured I'd still want my opinion taken into consideration! LoL.. Oh Big Bro's Eviction started.. GTG...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home