:: SIMPLE ::

Another amateur blog..

Monday, August 20, 2007

Sur-vi-vor: Pulau Moreton

Went camping at Moretn islnd over the weekend wt a bunch of other Bris-Bn-ians. I thought it was a good experience since it was my 1st time ever.. well, i've actually stayed in a jungle before, only in chalets n not as far as setting up tents and sheltering under it. So.... ONLY two-train, two-bus and one ferry ride away from St Lcia, Moretn islnd is a beautiful untouched (seemingly) piece of land further up north. The beach is beautiful and the place is so serene.. Could see yourself destressing there, just by walking on the shore as the waves hit your legs. Pretty much like other beaches hahaha... :p
.
Got to the island at around 3+ i think. First thing we saw was this huge shipwreck. Now it's stuck there, it looks like sort of a monument. Anyway, then we had to walk a bit to our camping site which was close by to the beach area. We had to rush at that time to set up the tents before it got dark. Fortunately, all was well.. I was surprised that setting up tents was not that hard as it looks.. :D After that, we had some activities at the beach- volleyball, catch, sand-playing, those stuff you do at beaches. Wasn't long coz it started to get dark. Started fire n started cooking chicken wings that we brought. I had my share of doing the cooking too.. Totally different from cooking from the stove. Like this one, u would occassionally get temporary suffocations from the thick smoke when the wind blows towards u. Haha. After dinner, everyone sat around campfire and shared eery stories, 'belted out' some songs, played games til sleepy...
.
Next day had sausages for brunch. Continued different activities at the beach but soon after it started to rain. Headed back to campsite, and for some of us we played the none other than Big 2 hehe.. At 2pm, we started putting down the tents despite the rain. By 3pm, the ferry arrived and got on board.. Took another few long hours trip back to St Lcia (yeah, Sunday's not a good time for public transport). And it was still raining. The trip back home was a long, wet and cold one. The main thing is I enjoyed my weekend and is also what my money's worth. Now it's back to head-banging.
.
I'll put in some snapshots. As you might have noticed, I'm not the best at taking pics. If I could get hold of the best pics from others, I might put it up..


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home