:: SIMPLE ::

Another amateur blog..

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Somewhat called The Amazing Race

My team-the green team A


Based on the title..you'll know what I'll be talking about. Yea, today (18/3) I entered this Aussie I'national Friendship Prog (AIFP) Amazing Race along with some other biomed mates plus two other Bruneians. Little did I know that my team was gonna win! Hehe! Started like this, Damit initially brought about all this and I decided to join. My team was basically made up of Azim and two Californian girls who is just in their first semester here. Btw, among the tasks we performed was eating a cup of chilli powder. It was a detour and Azim and I actually opted for the chilli one since we thought it would be a quicker way. It was indeed quick. After we finished that, we dashed off to the rail station and luckily were in time. But another team also made it-Amal n Farah hehe. The other clue was also a detour-either skipping (all members) or read out scripts with passion and enthusiasm at Roma street. We ofcourse chose the latter since it was easier although a lil bit further. At that time, I couldn't run, I was weak, my stomach couldn't hold much longer, I was left behind my team mates.. and I actually puked chilli! Yea disgusting...but I caught up nonetheless. Elisa, the American girl actually shouted to me, "Come on Khai, u're holding us down." I was on the verge of giving up but couldn't possibly let that happen. I carried on, but walking.. Then we headed to South Bank via South Brisbane station to the Arts gallery. The place was actually awesome, I really need to got there sometime. Then we walked along the south bank pathway to the other end where the beach was..Again I was left far behind. My face was red and full of sweat. I could feel the chilli trying to escape my mouth. Finally it did. I sat down looking a bit lost and vomitted at the side. People were like passing by and looking but I didn't care. Needed to get that lot out of me. So when I reached the beach, the rest had already finished their sandcastle task and got a picture clue. While they put on their shoes, I walked around to ask where the place on the pic is. The pic was a small replica of a light house..It was right at the end near a bridge. Off we went there and received the next clue which was at botanical gardens. The person in charge was not there so we waited like 5 minutes before they were there. Luckily the instruments for the task was not there yet so we did an easy birthday song. Next dashed off for scavenger hunt in city...Then we used the train to go to China town. The detour was to either make 6 origamis or search for the shop who sells the food written in Mandarin. I saw this Chinese girl in the train and asked her. Did help a little. To cut the story short we found the place rather quickly. The next one was to go back to UQ. Unfortunately this time we had to wait for the train for ten minutes. And to our frustration another team caught up. Ofcourse we used the same train but we cleverly get ourselves into the compartment closest to the exit in Toowong. When we reached Toowong, we ran to the bus stop. The bus was already there but we made it fortunately. phew~ There's this girl from the other team who actually sprinted ahead of the bus... CRAZY! We thought that by this time it would be a neck to neck race. A very tight one. So both teams were close to the doors. When we got there I actually sprinted ahead of the bunch but then this guy really overtook me. As it shows, I'm not that fit. Even Elisa and two other girls overtook. One actually looked back at me calling me 'a loser' hahaha...It's a good thing they got ahead coz they went the WRONG way! haha...(we were suppose to go to building 32 and find a clue under the seats in one room). So Elisa found the clue and the four of us already exhausted made to the finish line! The first team!!! Weeha! Got a golden ticket cinema thing..Not much but worth it. Was a great experience.. Especially when you're a fan of the real show, it is just great just to do something similar. I even got to go to places I haven't been to..like the Roma street parklands and arts centre etc. I will cherish this moment...waseh~haha..Just wished that someone took photos of us racing coz we didn't get the time to take pictures. Now that the explorace is coming up at least there are some ideas we can use..Somehow I'm just lazy to be part of the organiser...I'd rather be the player. hehe...ryt cya~

One of the detour tasks- I did the 'Juliet' part..Haha..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home