Proud to be an Exudian hehe..
Argh..I can still feel the aching pains from yesterday. My back and legs especially.. My injured knee is not too bad. The only times it hurt were
- When I was peeling off the plaster of the wound, it really hurt big time! Something like waxing I presume haha.. Probably because I peeled it off really quickly. Gosh it was that bad at that one moment. Haha.. The wound was reddish-black.
- When water touches the wound area during shower. It wasn't that bad after that coz I got used to it.
Anyway, that's not the whole point of this entry. We had the netball tournament yesterday. We were kinda in the 'tough' group i.e. with S'pore, Centro & Cobras. The other group had only three teams-UQJ, Phunky Monkees & the M'sian team (who happened to win the whole thing-they were super good considering they are actually a REAL netball team). Our team (it's EXUDAS) kicked off the game against S'pore. Yea they were all girls but they were rough (that's when most of us got the minor injuries haha). Pushing here and there.. The match ended with us losing 2-4, it was a close one though. At that point I thought we needed to win the remaining two matches in order to stand a chance to advance through to the semis. We kept our hope up. Then we went up against Centro with a satisying win: 4-1. The last of the preliminary round was against Cobras. To be honest, I was really nervous for this game especially at 2-2. Somehow, we kept our game and scored an additional two. Match ended 4-2. So we finally got the two wins but it was still uncertain whether we would reach the semis. Our advancement would solely depend on the S'pore-Centro match. We gave our utmost support to Centro- cheering & shouting. The team also had their own crowd of supporters so the combined effect was even a louder. Although Centro were booted out after their two games their spirit hadn't worn off, they played with motivation but although they lost in the end, they've actually kept the scores close. At that time, I knew we had made it through but just needed the confirmation. And as it turned out we did! Phew~ A sigh of relief. So bravo! An achievement! Congrats to my teammates.. :) All the practices have paid off. And also thanks to the two teams which have contributed to our success. Let me explain why. Cobras beat S'pore with a huge score difference and Centro kept on scoring against S'pore to keep their score difference close. In the end, Exudas had a difference of +3 and S'pore 0 (Source from Damit hehe) so we went through!
Unfortunately being second in the group (after Cobras), we have to meet with the M'sian team (1st in their group). Here's the point of our breakdown haha. The opposing team hardly had a hard time against us. It's as if it was a whole different level of game to us. The first half they already gained a two-digit scoreline ( I don't remember coz I didn't care). Anyway, we managed to pull TWO back and that's what matters the most haha. Obviously we lost but the more important thing was taking back the experience against a good team. The second semi-final match was between Cobras & Phunky Monkees where Cobras won a close 2-1. So it was a final btwn M'sia & Cobras. I thought the same thing would happen again against M'sia but how wrong I was. All the Bruneian crowds cheered together to support the Cobras and I think that was the driving motivation for the Cobras. They had a good lead of 2-0! That was really surprising..We were ecstatic.. They could actually win this game looking at the way they played. You could even see the M'sian team to be a little inconsistent than their previous matches. But the M'sian team lifted their game the 2nd half and caught up to beat the Cobras with a really close scoreline 7-6. Really close..Sigh.. Anyway congrats to Cobras for posing a threat/challenge to the opposing team and also for being second. Overall, it was a good tournament. To my teammates, that was a good one we have. We always have next year. So set your objectives! Another step up. We're going for the finals! Hehehe..
P/S: I felt a lil bit humiliated after that throwing of ball to the b****y centre girl haha.. No big deal actually.. You see a lot of b****ing in sport competitions and that's just the nature of it. In the end you shake hands with the spirit of sportsmanship ( I don't know if that's always true haha). Hmm and also, I didn't actually hear the crowd singing (maybe of teasing?) about me (GA). Haha that's funny but who in the world cares. At least I have a moment of fame ;)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home