:: SIMPLE ::

Another amateur blog..

Friday, April 13, 2007

Daylight savings

Over 60% of Qld-ers favoured for daylight savings. I was surprised- I thought ppl here were against it. Actually I have a very vague idea of what this daylight savings is all about except for the fact that you have to 'change' your clock by advancing the time. I mean why bother to hassle to turn the hands of your watch every pre-spring & winter? I find it ridiculous to actually interfere with time (time is time why change it?) but due to this limited knowledge of mine, I realise I'm in no position to comment further on this matter w/o enough research. So I googled about it and found out that there are several reasons why people wanted daylight savings. It would actually mean more business & retailing time, more tourism & thus boosting economy etc. Some others were for energy conservation & more daylight time for leisure activities (but I don't get how this works). Ofcourse there are benefits and drawbacks to this and it's up to us to weigh between the two and decide. As for me, I'll probably be better off not worrying about it coz in a few years time I'll be back in my home country where daylight savings is not even in the local dictionary :).


Btw, as I'm doing this entry, I'm also enjoying a large pack of P&G caramel popcorn. Yum2~ I just feel the need to show the pic of how big the pack is. Coz I never bought anything larger than the cup size. Anyone want some can come over to my place (or rather buy it yourself ;p) but I doubt it'll last long before you even come! Nyehehe... So here's the pic..
.

Compare that to the cushion


Beyonce concert countdown: 10 days

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home