Did you know..? I didn't..
I'm bored. Let's talk kitchen and health... haha..
.
Now, between plastic, wood and marble chopping boards, which one would you prefer? (We'll rule out the marble hehe). Well I just wanna spread this knowledge I've acquired from the TV (where else? :p). You know when you use your chopping boards to cut up your onions, lettuces etc you'll likely to leave some bacteria on the boards. The chopping board is a perfect site for bacteria to multiply (especially at the cuts) because of the moisture from the food and so on. This is one of the ways in which food-poisoning may actually occur. Previously, people actually thought that plastic was the best in terms of hygiene. But recent microbiological tests revealed that wood is in fact the best, the reason being that wood has this porous property that allows bacteria to penetrate through, never go back up and slowly die off. As a conclusion- wooden chopping board is the safest/cleanest.
.
After watching the programme now I know why the wooden ones are expensive. Probably one of the reasons is that it is the safest to use. Most of us I assume use the plastic ones because they are a lot cheaper (am I not right?). Anyway, to those plastic chopping board users, don't be put off by this information I've given. Even though you are concern about your health, you don't have to run off to the nearest grocery store to get hold of the wooden ones. Any chopping boards will do as long as you clean and sanitise them properly. The programme showed some tips on how to effectively clean them but I kinda forgot what they were.
.
Ok, so much of my health talk for today haha.. I hope it's helpful in case you guys didn't know it. Maybe I should post up some more of these unusual entries in the time to come.. LoL


4 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hahahaha i watched d programme too yesterday... i had same thought as yours yesterday regarding the chopping board... why do some ppl including us rather prioritise cheapness than quality? hmmm... huhu we better change that kind of thinking huh... :p tell you what! now im thinking of buying the wood one next year... haahahahha...be more health-concious... that's one of my new year resolutions... huhu
Haha..ndaku noticed u posted a comment..baruku tebaca ni haha..
Anyway, yeah true.. We tend to buy the plastic ones.. Before this, I didn't know anything about it. But now I know haha..
Post a Comment
<< Home