:: SIMPLE ::

Another amateur blog..

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Blood in the kitchen

Yikes! Two nights ago I accidentally cut my pointing finger (is that what u call it? coz I just direct translate it) when I was chopping the onions to prepare for dinner. This may sound disgusting (or not) but I can see bright red blood quickly trickling out and dripping to the floor as I compressed the injured finger with my other hand and searching frantically for any fluid-absorbing material.. It was not as painful as I thought but recalling to Week 1 & 2 of PBL, blood loss can lead to shock... Haha.. don't be silly.. that will only happen if it reaches over 10% of total blood volume.. and that's like how many litres.. Sorry just letting out my lameness here.. Anyway, Dmt in his efficient ways provided me with a first-aid kit (how convenient is that?!) and I just wrapped my injured finger with a bandage. Not to mention that I didn't really use the first aid knowledge I've ONLY learnt 2 and a 1/2 months ago. Also at that time I was like chanting that my clotting factors would immediately kick in and do their work. I was also hoping that I had enough Vitamin K intake to actually have that clotting happen.. Weird.. haha.. So yeah, soon after I managed to contain my bleeding. Before going to bed, I took off the bandage to wash off the blood stains but then it started to bleed again... I couldn't be bothered to sleep with the bandage on so I just left my finger hanging beside the bed for the night. The next morning it finally clotted :D.
.
It's funny and coincidental that Dmt also had a cut to one of his fingers too earlier that morning because of a can opener. :S
.
Useful tip: Have a first aid kit at home OR at least bandages/plasters.. And oh yea, have some kitchen towels or anything similar available. That's just for saving your time from moping the floor or even worse, cleaning the carpet!
.
.
.
P/s: A quick shout out to Amal - Happy Birthday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home