The B Experience 22.04.07
It was awesome!! Wait, wait. Let’s start from the beginning. Woke up the usual Sunday – late. Then got ready (I can’t remember what I did in between, probably went online). We took the bus at 4+pm to the city first to catch the Shorncliffe line there at the Central train station. I think it took about half an hour to get to the Entertainment Centre, a place which I must say is VERY secluded. I think Azm took a pic of a sign and you can see the surrounding area is very much like a forest reserve.. Anyway, let’s not go off topic and spoil the whole point of this entry.
The moment we reached the building, my level of excitement rose to about 70%. Just before we went in, there was a security check. Digital cameras, lens, audio devices etc were not allowed to be brought into the arena. But most of us (excluding me- I knew the rules but I did bring my memory card) couldn’t resist bringing cameras (actually when come to think of it, who could?). So they were all like trying to hide their cameras in the best possible ways not to get noticed & hoping not to get caught. Was a success! So yay! Cameras were in! Oh yes, we decided to hire binoculars since we had the further seats.
As we entered the arena, we could straight away see the Merchandise area. We went to take a look what was on display & we all bought something- a black bandana with a golden ‘Beyonce’ written on it, just to have an item to remember the event upon. There were other stuff on sale but were more expensive hence narrowed down to that option. Then we walked around searching for food & later sat close to our gates (it was only 6pm & the concert starts at 7.30pm so we had all the time in the world). At the stage of waiting for the doors to open and an increasingly growing crowd, my excitement level drop slightly to 65% (hehe..) BUT when the door opened & I could feel the sudden gust of cool air-conditioned air from inside & see the coloured lights, it skyrocketed to 90%! (cool huh! Sakai-ness).
Alright, the first three paragraphs are boring but I’ve put in the effort to write all that therefore I won’t delete them. So at around 8pm, the lights dimmed & Chris Brown (CB) appeared. Everybody stood- screaming & cheering especially the girls. I was sitting next to Esn and I couldn’t help but notice her screaming every time CB does that. I have the feeling she has fallen for him. LoL. Anyway, he did several of his own songs like Yo and Run it (I liked Run It the best) & he also did few remixes of other artistes’ numbers like JT’s Sexyback & MJ’s Billie Jean. His dance moves & skills were unbelievable.. All that took for about just above half an hour and there was a break. My heart kept on racing, I couldn't wait to see her!!!
The moment we reached the building, my level of excitement rose to about 70%. Just before we went in, there was a security check. Digital cameras, lens, audio devices etc were not allowed to be brought into the arena. But most of us (excluding me- I knew the rules but I did bring my memory card) couldn’t resist bringing cameras (actually when come to think of it, who could?). So they were all like trying to hide their cameras in the best possible ways not to get noticed & hoping not to get caught. Was a success! So yay! Cameras were in! Oh yes, we decided to hire binoculars since we had the further seats.
As we entered the arena, we could straight away see the Merchandise area. We went to take a look what was on display & we all bought something- a black bandana with a golden ‘Beyonce’ written on it, just to have an item to remember the event upon. There were other stuff on sale but were more expensive hence narrowed down to that option. Then we walked around searching for food & later sat close to our gates (it was only 6pm & the concert starts at 7.30pm so we had all the time in the world). At the stage of waiting for the doors to open and an increasingly growing crowd, my excitement level drop slightly to 65% (hehe..) BUT when the door opened & I could feel the sudden gust of cool air-conditioned air from inside & see the coloured lights, it skyrocketed to 90%! (cool huh! Sakai-ness).
Alright, the first three paragraphs are boring but I’ve put in the effort to write all that therefore I won’t delete them. So at around 8pm, the lights dimmed & Chris Brown (CB) appeared. Everybody stood- screaming & cheering especially the girls. I was sitting next to Esn and I couldn’t help but notice her screaming every time CB does that. I have the feeling she has fallen for him. LoL. Anyway, he did several of his own songs like Yo and Run it (I liked Run It the best) & he also did few remixes of other artistes’ numbers like JT’s Sexyback & MJ’s Billie Jean. His dance moves & skills were unbelievable.. All that took for about just above half an hour and there was a break. My heart kept on racing, I couldn't wait to see her!!!
.
So.... finally my dream came true. There she was, appearing in front of me under the spotlight (haha, although she was a bit distant but hey I have the binoculars ;p). She said hi and all and performed Crazy in Luv first. Yeeha!! Excitement level at full blast!! I love how she included some of her main Destiny's Child songs like Survivor, Jumpin2, Bootylicious, Independent Women (It's also like watching DC). Other than that she belted out songs from her previous album like Dangerously in Luv, Naughty girl, Baby Boy (DIL was the best! How amazing was that?!) and most of her current ones like Beautiful Liar, Listen, Dejavu and many more. I couldn't believe I was hearing her REAL voice and her live-singing was simply as good as the recordings, maybe even better coz you could feel the realness. At one point after one song, I think she received the loudest cheer I've ever heard where ppl screamed & screeched that I swear my eardrums could have exploded. Haha. But that's the fun of it, no complaints whatsoever at all. In short, she was the highlight of the night. Oh yeah, as Azm described in his post, the lightings were amazing as well which made the whole performance more happening . I must also mention that her band, backgrd singers & dancers (most of whom are ladies) were terrific. They are a bunch of talented musicians/performers :).
.
I'm glad I've experienced this whole thing. Wouldn't trade it for anything else. So... what's next? Christina Aguilera? Hehe...
.
P/s: We didn't take a lot of pics inside coz it was kinda pointless to an extent. It was dark and we were far. But we managed to get videos of her performances. I'll see if I can upload some (which is unlikely anyway hehe). There's a YuTiub video in Azm's post so have a visit there. Cheers.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home